1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cat Problem, Please help

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by StevenW, Mar 21, 2006.

1. StevenW

StevenW New Member

Hello. I have a cat, named frisky. who is very old. he is 15 years old. Frisky is usually an outside cat, but comes inside to eat and sleep, he doesnt like to snuggle with me even though he is my cat. All of a sudden, he came inside, and is being really close. he gets up, tries to use the potty, but acts like he cant. he is meowing as if he is in pain. he also keeps licking the area around his bottom. when he does get up, he will lay in the middle of the floor, which he never does, and meows like he is in pain. i try to pet him, but he acts like it does nothing, he sits there motionless, very stiff. What could be wrong? plz help. thanks

2. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

You need to get that cat to the vet ASAP! Poor Frisky is obviously in pain :( ...it's probably a blocked urethra. Please take him to the vet. :(

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

vet and please let us know how he does

4. StevenW

StevenW New Member

The vet called and said he had a urinary tract infection caused by a blockage of mucous. They are going to sedate him and do a prodecure to unblock his uretha. Other than that hes gonna be fine, and i can pick him up tomorrow. :eek: :p :eek:

5. halaroo

halaroo New Member

That's great to hear!

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

oh that's good...glad you took him. At that age he deserves the best in medical care.
    Good boy Frisky

7. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm glad you kitty is going to be okay. Keep us posted on how he is. :)

8. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

That's great news. I'm glad he got to the vet and everything is going to be okay.

I'm sure he'll feel much better when he comes home!

9. vene

vene New Member

How's your baby now?