Public Forum Proceed to Auspet's New Discussion Forum | Pet Directory | Classifieds | Home | LinkXchange


Click here to make Auspet.com your default home page

  Auspet - Message Boards
  Cats - all types
  Melaleuca Oil Ingestion

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Melaleuca Oil Ingestion
Dragon Sorceress
New Member

Posts: 2
From:
Registered: Jul 2003

posted 07-11-2003 12:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon Sorceress     Edit/Delete Message
My 18-week old kitten got a little bit of Maleleuca Oil off of a bug bite after it was applied to on my foot. He took a step back, and licked his lips with disgusted expression. When I looked it up it said it was highly toxic to animals. What should I do? My mom doesn't believe it's toxic and refuses to believe that (I think)it could kill my cat.

IP: Logged

Cat
Member

Posts: 141
From:Nova Scotia, Canada
Registered: May 2003

posted 07-11-2003 02:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Cat     Edit/Delete Message
Hi

I would keep a close eye on her. If she just got a taste, it may not be enough to do her any harm. HOwever, if she starts throwing up, not eating, etc take her to a vet right away. If you are really worried about it, Call or drop by your local vet and ask their opinion about it.

Good luck

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Auspet.com


Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c
















1999-2017 AusPet.com