1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

When do baby cockatiels start eating on their own?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Gargarav52, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Gargarav52

Gargarav52 New Member

I would start offering your baby seeds now. Your baby will start to play with the seed.put some on a piece of paper and offer it that way. Leave seed in the cage with your baby at all times. You can cut back on how much formula you are giving slightly. Do not completely stop giving the formula until you are completely sure he/she is eating seed. You can also get a weaning food from Doctors Foster and Smith.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

If hand feeding weaning should start around 3-4 weeks of age.
    If they are looked after by there parents they will start to play with seed around 4 weeks of age.

Some cockatiels take to the food quicker than others.
    I have always hand fed my babies and they were all fully weaned by 5-6 weeks of age.

During weaning this is the best time to introduce fruit and vegtables as they are more likely to take to it at this age..

Mike