1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

SHI POO PUPS Are On Their Way!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by tophorsefan, Dec 12, 2011.

?

What are the cutest and smartest breed of dog?

1. Shi Poo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Inca Orchid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Great Dane

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Australian Cattle Dog

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tophorsefan

tophorsefan New Member

Well my dog Daisy a shih tzu (black,gray,and white spots) is having puppies! The daddy of her pups is a toy poodle named Bart (beige and white). I am sooo excited and happy for her! She is getting big and has stopped getting any bigger. Almost dragging on the ground. We are not breeders and have had many people saying that we should breed her to get the cutest most sweetest babies ever! So we did and they are already spoken for she is having 3-5 of them and we have 10 people waiting anxiously for their arrival. These kind of dogs are the best in the world and should become a breed of their own! Can't wait to see them, they seem to be giving mom trouble! :eek: :mrgreen:

Any tips or comments are very helpful and appreciated![/color]

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Please do not take this the wrong way. But breeding just to make cute puppies is no reason to breed.

Both parents should be vet checked, Hips, elbows, eyes, heart tested.
    Do you know the health history of both dogs Lines, Like their parents, grandparents, great grandparents?

Its not a case of just putting two dogs together and hoping you will end up with lovely cute puppies because it doesn't always work like that.

The fact you have asked for any tips shows you have not researched breeding and the complications that can and usually do arise during the pregnancy of during whelping, The signs to look for when The Dam is in trouble how soon to see a vet.

How to check over all whelps to see if they are all fine, no cleft palate, water on the brain.?
    Could you cull any pup that had these problems.?

Are all homes going to be checked and the people vetted before a puppy goes to them, are they finacially stable to look after a dog.?
    Do they know about the breeds of dog that these pups are a mix of?

There is so much more to breeding.. You may think i am being harsh but there is so many dogs and puppies in shelters that breeding for cuteness or the fact there dog would make a lovely parent really annoys me.

Breeders have spent many years researching their breeds, making sure their Sires and Dams are in the best condition with no faults at all.

Mike

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Have to agree with Mike on this one, read this post but couldn't put it in words what I wanted to say.
    This process is not to be taken lightly soo many things can happen that can endanger the pups and mom.. Complications during birth if the pup is the wrong way, too big for the canal will you know there's an issue, when she's done, what to feed her to boost her back up and help nutrition. For the sake of mom and the pups I recommend letting a vet handle the birthing. She has been getting health checks during this process correct..so the vet knows.

Please don't get us wrong we do care but certain reasons for breeding just really get under our skin when there are soo many pups and dogs in shelters adding more into the world just because they may be the cutiest best dog ever just doesn't sit well. What happens when those puppies that are to be the best sweetest dogs ever turn out to be terrors or are mean?? now what?? just because the parents are that way doesn't mean the pups will turn out the same...afterall it is up to mother nature and sometimes she isn't kind...