1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sad cat after flying overseas

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by anjijane, May 9, 2007.

1. anjijane

anjijane New Member

Hi, i moved permanently to Italy from NZ 3 weeks ago with our 2 cats. One was fine after a week, but the other seems not at all happy. The flight was 32 hours and they had a stop over for a night in Hong Kong, but from the time i dropped them off to the Pet transport company till when we were allowed to pick them up, they did not see us for a total of 6 days.
    KitKat will still not go outside except very tentatively for a few minutes at night to use his litter box. He spends all day either under a bed or in a cupboard of clothes and he has become very scatty. The only thing he seems to do that he used to do is sleep at night on the kids beds. He is four years old, mixed breed city cat and has travelled often by car and been in catteries many times in the past for short periods with no ill effect, so i thought he would be the cat least affected by such a traumatic move. He used to have a big tree-filled garden but now he only has a small ground floor apartment garden with no trees as yet. It's no noisier here than at home. He is eating fine and seems healthy physically.We leave the doors open all day and they can get out at night too, but I am very worried about his hiding away where once he was an adventurous and active cat. Can anyone give me some advice please?

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry your cat is unhappy. Have you had a vet check him out to rule out any physical problems? Hopefully he'll come around once he realizes that you won't be packing him up and moving again.

3. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Welcome anjijane. :)

Sounds like your poor kitty has been through a lot of frightening events.
    I don't think kitties like change. Give him time. I'm sure he will adjust after awhile. It's only been three weeks.

I would be a little afraid of letting him out if it were my kitty since I would be afraid he would run away. That is just me, though.

Best of luck. I'm sure in time KitKat will be his old self again.

4. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

5. vene

vene New Member

:m23: and welcome! Give him more time to adjust and he'll be back to his normal self.