1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnant APBT in Urgent need!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by GinaH, Oct 25, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Hello all I am hoping to find a rescue group in the Tampa Bay Florida
    area that may be able to assist me. Most of you guys know I do APBT rescue I am located in Southern Illinois. Anyhow I was
    contacted today by a lady who is in Florida and she has a pregnant 9
    month old female APBT who is headed to a high kill shelter which has
    an almost zero tolerance for Pit Bulls. She says she has until the end
    of next week. It seems the family is moving to an area where BSL is
    enforced. I have agreed to take the dog in as a foster but I am
    worried about transport as I have never dealt with rescuing a dog so far away without outside support. The lady says the dog has a great temperament
    and gets along great with other dogs but she is not up to date on
    vaccinations. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

I can help with part of the transport. Perhaps meet her somewhere in southern GA, and meet you in northern TN. Let me know what you can work out with her and where I can help.

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I've been really busy today. I will look into any transport options. If you have any info or ideas, p.m. me and I will arrange for the payment.

4. the_maine_pitbull

the_maine_pitbull New Member

There is a Pit Bull rescue right in Atlanta, Georgia. Her eis the website...
    pitprintsrescue dot com

5. buzztail

buzztail New Member

I am in Tallahassee, I could pick her up somewhere North of Tampa, and could meet spencerpits in central GA if that would help.
    I have done a cur run or two with the Florida Boxer Rescue.

6. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

That would be great. Then, if GinaH could meet me somewhere, it'd make the trip on everyone a lot more bearable than one person going the whole way. Keep us updated Gina.

7. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Oh my Gosh Buzztail & Spencerpits that would be Great! If you are absolutely positive I will call the lady who owns Sassy and let her know! I think I am going to cry!
    Spencerpits where are you in Tennessee? I can meet you anywhere wherever is most convenient for you. Both of you please feel free to email me if you need to. Reginaha04@aol.com
    Buzztail the lady who owns Sassy said she is willing to drive a little ways to meet someone with Sassy so let me know what would be convenient for you. I will also reimburse both of you for gas money if you need me to.

8. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Actually, if somewhere in AL would be better for you, it'd be about the same for me. I am in Chattanooga, so I-75 and I-59 (which I could take to I-65) are both very close to me. Just let me know what you would prefer and how far up you can come.

Gina - I could easily meet you in Nashville. Either way I meet buzztail, I can either take 65 straight up to Nashville, or 75 to 24 to Nashville. I've emailed you too.

9. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Man I hate living so far away!! All of you are awsome. Let me know what I can do to help!!!

10. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

OH I am so excited,I am going to cry!

11. Samsintentions

Gina. If it works out. Let me know. I'll send you collars for all the babies and mommy. And a coupon for vaccinations through Valley Vet supply.

Let me know!!

Good luck and God bless to all of you!! Sepnce and Buzz if yall do this, I'll send you all scarfs for all your dogs!

12. buzztail

buzztail New Member

How far North is the lady willing to bring her on the first leg?
    I have friends in and around ATL....so that would be great
    my cell phone is 850*228*1812
    oh, and you can call me Shaun :y_the_best:
    e mail is off my chain at comcast dot net

13. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Shaun & Amanda
    I spoke to Sassy's owner today and when I told her about how you guys had volunteered to help out with transport she was so excited!...But then when I said so do you think you will be able to manage meeting the first rescuer in Tallahassee she said oh IM like 6 hours from there I don't know if I can manage that! Grrrrrrrr! So IM getting a little frustrated. I put in a request with Flying Paws but they have such a busy schedule it's very unlikely they will be able to help out. I am waiting for Sassy's owner to call me back as I type this. I emailed her and left two messages at her home. As soon as I hear back from her I will call or email the both of you. Thanks again you are both wonderful!
    Sams and Loves_da_Pits thanks for the offers and support!

14. buzztail

buzztail New Member

I'd love to go all the way to Tampa, but I just don't have time.
    Some where half way would be great for me though. Please keep me posted. No need to reimburse me for the fuel cost.

15. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Gina - any news on how far up Sassy's owner will come to meet Shaun? It'd be nice if she could bring Sassy up to Tallahassee for Shaun, as he's going to be driving 5-6 hours each way from Tallahassee to Atlanta to meet me. My trip won't be as bad - probably about 7-8 hours total for me. If it will help Shaun out, I can meet him farther down in GA. But Sassy's owner is still going to need to drive a little ways to help Sassy out. Please let us know as soon as you hear something.

16. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I really don't know what is going on...Sassy's owner has not returned any of my phone calls or emails? I am so frustrated and sort of feel like I have failed that poor dog. I just don't understand why she took the time to email me asking me for help then her knowing I have sought help from many other people who are patiently waiting to hear back from me but she can't email me back or place a simple phone call? I am hoping to hear from her over the weekend if I don't then I think it's safe to assume she has made other arrangements for Sassy. I just hope she does not end up in a shelter.

17. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I just wanted to say Thank you again to all those who offered help with rescuing Sassy but especially Amanda and Shaun.
    I finally got an email back from the lady who owend Sassy and here it is.

18. Samsintentions

well I'm glad it worked out and you didn't have to exhaust all your efforts. There are so many more that need your help! I can send you a few if you feel that your getting "Lonely" he he he.

19. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I am so glad it worked out after all and to everyone who offered to help you are the best :D :D

honeybear

20. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Glad it worked out. If you ever need help in this area, let me know.