1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

picking pit bull pups

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by tobor, Feb 21, 2005.

1. tobor

tobor New Member

my son has talk my wife in to letting him get a pit.

and a good friend of his dad breeds them. he has the male.and female
    the male wight 72bl.and his dad was ace of ace what ever that is and female wight about 40bl.
    ha also show them at dog show. thay are well behaved.and very happy
    the mother was graete around me .when she just had pups 3 days ago

so my son and i talk .and he want to do show some day.pulling.
    so we are going to buy one male i thank.and for a little extra.which
    im thanking about we can have first pick.she had 9 pup

how do i choose which one .and what am i looking fore
    thanks ............pc
    :?:

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

which puppy to pick

I dont know much about showing dogs and what the judges would look for but if you want a good temprement you want to pick a 'middle' pup, dont go for the one that runs to you immediately, pushing the other pups out of its way for attention and dont go for the last one thats still sitting in the corner undecided if it should approach you or not, look for the ones that are 'more casual' in their approach, then theres always the good old fashioned 'puppy test', lay the pup on its back and with your hand on its chest keep it pinned down (gently) as a rule non-aggressive dogs and non_fear-biters will stop fighting you within a few seconds, the fear biters often scream a lot and the aggressive ones....the worst I ever saw took over 10 minutes to stop biting and screaming...thats extreme though.

Oh and important precaution: you might want to do this test away from the bitch as she might get a little upset if she thinks your hurting her pups, which your not, the puppy test is harmless just frustrating for some.

3. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I agree with picking the pup who's in the "middle" as that will probably be the easiest for you to handle and train. If you are going for first pick, which does cost more you won't get a choice though in which puppy you pick. First pick is usually the "best" puppy (to the breeders discretion) out of the litter and thats the one you'd be buying, it usually does cost more. 1st & 2nd pick, show quality and pet quality is the lease. If you want to show then the first pick pup should be show quality, if you were going to pick from the litter its best to talk to the breeder about which pups are show quality out of the litter and which might make better weight pullers by their instincts/temperament.
    An ACE is like a CHAMPION, only its a weight pull title instead of a conformation title for 100 points get you an ACE or a CH and when that dog gets 100 more points if becomes an ACE of ACE or a GR CH and contiues with each 100 points.
    Ask him what bloodline the pups are, maybe I've heard them. Whats the registered names of the sire and dam of the litter and their parents names?

4. tobor

tobor New Member

i will ASK THEM

i will ask and add some photo

THANKS