1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Mittens gave us a scare

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by sunset05, May 31, 2007.

1. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I had Mittens out on our patio on her harness and leash. Hubby came out with a bowl of chips and accidently dropped the bowl.

It broke on the cement which scared Mittens. She backed out of her harness in a few seconds. It was so quick.

She started going toward the bushes but hubby quietly walked up behind her and scooped her up so she didn't get far.

I have had kitties who could back out of harnesses but didn't think Mittens could do it so quickly. Now I'm sort of afraid to take her out on a leash. Maybe she'll remember how to escape.

Naughty kitty. :mrgreen:

Any suggestions on harnesses that work well?

2. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

aww lucky ur husband is a quick thinker. Patches has backed out of his a couple times and I'm left dumbfounded because I made sure it was tight and everything. I have no idea.

3. Bente

Bente New Member

:shock: Good thing she didn't run off :)

What kind of harness and leash do you use for Mittens? I'm trying to get Kyrre used to it, but I'm not sure I've got the best kind. It looks like he's got trouble walking when he's wearing it, but I don't know if it's really uncomfortable or if it's just because he doesn't like it :)

4. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Bente - the harness I have is one that has a strap going around the neck and one going under the tummy with a straps connecting the those straps. The straps snap together.

The leash is just a small kitty leash from the pet store.

The harness looks like the middle one in this picture:

http://www.petco.com/Shop/SearchResults ... at+harness

I didn't see any others that looked like they would work any better.

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Glad you were able to get her quickly. My cats have never been able to get out of their harnesses. They have the ones that go around their body, like the image Sunset05 posted. Perhaps the harness is too large or too loose?