1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

It was an accident

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by sunset05, Jun 1, 2006.

1. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I accidently hurt my Mittens.

I was making the bed the other day and was trying to keep Mittens out of the room. I opened the door to get something and Mittens was right there and started to dart through the door.

I hurriedly tried to close the door before she could get in and accidently squished her in the middle since she was halfway through. She is so quick. I felt so bad. She ran away but came when I called and she seemed okay. I gave her extra love and pettings.

Poor Mittens. I'm keeping her indoors to protect her from being harmed and what do I do. Squish her.

Have you accidently hurt any of your kitties?

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I've done that and felt like the biggest shat ever. Worse I've done is run the wheels on my computer chair over my Missy's paw. Oh I felt so horrible!!! And she made me pay for that for days.
    The scary thing for me is the possibility of shutting the cat's tail into the door near the casing/hinges. I know someone who did that and the cat ended up losing part of its tail. Each and every time I always always look to make sure there are no cats around when I shut the door.

3. vene

vene New Member

Yep, I've closed the pantry door on Rene's tail. :oops: Luckily she was fine. I've also locked Rene in the basement, Milo in the garage countless times. :oops: I've also closed the sunroom door on Vene and Milo gazillion times. :oops: I'm lucky the cats are not plotting something against me then again there's the placed hacked up furballs in the rugs, the butt scoots all over the floors and carpets, the pukes that are in mystery places. :shock: Maybe it's payback. :shock: :mrgreen:

4. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

I've got gracie locked in the attic, and I shut the screen door on my old cat cinnamon's foot, while I was trying not to let her inside. She seemed okay, but I was so afraid I had broken it!

5. ChloesMom

ChloesMom New Member

Not yet and I hate to even post this for fear of it happening. My two play a very dangerous game. They like to paw each other through the hinged side of an open door, especially the bathroom door. They love the spare bathroom. One gets behind the door where we can't see and the other in the hall. We are very careful to make sure there is no fur person or paw there when we close the door but I just know one of us or company is going to catch a paw one day.

6. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I closed Moe in the door (the big door going to the outside) last week. I felt bad, but she was fine!

A year ago, I accidently flicked garlic into Artemis' eye. Must have stung like crazy! His eye watered for a little while, but he forgave me after a couple of treats!

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I've nearly decapitated Emily several times because she likes to zip through doors as they're being closed. Doesn't seem to phase her, though.

Dad once closed Ten up in the foot rest of the love seat. It was kind of funny because she just had a leg and her tail hanging out & twitching. She was fine though.

And I kick Romeo fairly often, but I stopped feeling really bad about it because he tries to trip me and make me fall down the stairs nearly every day.

-Chelle

8. nern

nern New Member

I have. I closed Hoggles talk in the door one time, he wouldn't come near me for the rest of the day. I was so worried I had broke his tail but he was okay. I also closed Chieve's paw in a draw but he was okay too. I know what you mean though, I felt horrible about it.

9. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Thanks for sharing your stories. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had accidents with kitties. Sounds like all our cats are very forgiving. :)

10. Bente

Bente New Member

Lol, funny stories :lol: I'm glad both furry and non-furry seem to get out of these situations without permanent damage :wink:

Kyrre doesn't dart the doors, but he has started to hunt my feet since he became an indoor cat... It's just a matter of time before I step on him :|

11. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

i step on my kitties tails all the time...they are always fine...thats why they are clld accidents

12. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I was at the vet clinic yesterday and a lady came in with her dog (just for shots, I think). As they were coming through the door, it closed on the very tip of the dogs tail and degloved the last 2" - 3" of it. :shock: It was splattering blood all over that side of the waiting room and the lady felt absolutely horrible.

-Chelle

13. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Ouch, that's horrible, t_chelle16. Poor dog and poor lady.

14. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

:shock: uhhh man... well... least it happened there and not at home huh? Cant get more prompt medical attention then that. poor pup :(

Little late with my story, but i can't count how many times i've almost stepped on Raz or he's come pounding down the hall and run into my leg! poor little guy, but he keeps going lol

15. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

That's what I said. If it's going to happen, that's the best place for it to happen.

It was during the walk-in time which is first come, first serve and the average wait is around 1 - 2 hours (unless you got there way early), but they got bumped to the front of the line which was totally understandable.

-Chelle

16. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Nice to be bumped to the front of the line but an unfortunate way for it to happen.

17. Nano

Nano New Member

Last week, my 3 month old kitten, Riley climbed into the refrigerator when I was getting out a soda. I closed the door, and a few seconds later, I heard some crying. It startled me, and one of my other cats Smokey. He stood at the door,staring at it. I immeadiately opened the door, and poor Riley ran out. I felt so bad. Needless to say, I watch very closely when I open the frig. door, and I'll tell you what, since that day, he has not gone near that door![/code]

18. susmin

susmin New Member

I often leave the back door open so the kitties can look out of the glass door. I was leaving in a ahrry so I closed and locked the door. My poor cat Oscar was in between the 2 doors. He stayed that way for over an hour while I was out. When I got home I hear this meowing. Poor kitty. I felt terrible.

19. vene

vene New Member

Nano, you just reminded me that some of my kitties like to hide in the fridge. I always have to do had counts to make sure that all my cats are accounted for. :shock:

20. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

in the fridge? :shock: geepers i guess with the hot weather coming it would seem like cool place to go... and gosh there's ALL kinds of room in mine LOLOL

i should keep watch too. tho usually i'm just closing Raz off in the bathroom when he sneaks in behind me and i dont realise it.