1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hey guys! I have been away toooooo long!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, Feb 19, 2005.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Hello all! I have been away for quite a while so I just wanted to drop in and say hello!
    The doggies are all doing great Winston is getting huge and is
    finally potty trained! :eek:

Bluebelle is my little Star! She just received her CGC (canine good citizen) certificate and had her first visit to the hospice this past Tuesday. She did wonderful I am so proud of her. Her sweet nature and her big gray eyes won over the heart of a young man who requested Blubelle come to see him first on her Tuesday visits to the Hospice.

Fancy has gained control over her allergies with the help of her Holistic vet. She is so much happier and healthier and just as spunky as ever.

As for Punkin she is still struggling with her dog aggression issues. Although it hurts me to think about it I have thought about putting her up for adoption in a one pet home. Her quality of life is not by any means bad but she is isolated from the other dogs and the family most of the time. She wants so badly to spend her days curled up on the couch with the family but she just will not tolerate the other dogs when she does get family time she is still so anxious. I still work with her on a daily basis and hold hope that she will overcome some of her aggression issues because underneath it she is such a good sweet girl.

Chloe my foster baby is still with us and I have come to the realization that she may never be adopted. But in all honesty it would be fine with me because I just love her so much. She is just a big overweight lapdog she can be so regal at times then others she is just a big goof.

Well I hope all you all and your furkids are doing great I have missed you guys! :kiss_heart:

Winston~English Bulldog
    http://www.dogster.com/?90367

Bluebelle~APBT
    http://www.dogster.com/?75640

Punkin~APBT
    http://www.dogster.com/?75639

Fancy~Pekingese
    http://www.dogster.com/?75637

Pinky~APBT
    http://www.dogster.com/?75636

Molly~Kitty Cat
    http://www.catster.com/?78238

Marigold~Kitty Cat
    http://www.catster.com/?79701

2. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry that your having trouble with Pumpkin but I'm glad to hear that Winston, Bluebelle and Fancy are doing so well! Congrats to Bluebelle on getting her CGC. :eek:

3. Nik

Nik New Member

Hi Gina. It's good to see an old face back! hehe.

I just love the look of Punkin. I'm not a bull terrier lover I have to say. It goes back to seeing them attack and not being able to get the picture of their 'aggressive' face out of my head whenever I see one.

I must add that this doesn't mean I'm calling the breed in any way what so ever. I'm an animal lover and have studied behaviour so understand to a degree what makes us all as we are. I'd choose a poodle over a bulldog any day, but that doesn't mean I don't like bulldogs :)

Anyway, I have a question?

It's something i always ask myself when I see a dog aggressive dog out walking and the owner having to hold them back and avoid everything within a 10 mile radius... Why not muzzel them? If Punkin was muzzled wouldn't she be ok to spend some time with the rest of you? I may be being totally niave here as I haven't looked into the effect of them. I just know that only once in the whole time we've been out walking have I come across a muzzled dog and it was great. He was a cross terrier and something. He was walking so nicely off leash and started growling and barking as he ran over to Floob. The muzzle just gave me the confidence to let it happen. He calmed down when he got to Floob and they had a sniff. Floob didn't hang around and came straight over to me, as did the other dog to his dad. We stood chatting and he said how it'd attacked other dogs from being 6 months old (when he got it, so he presumed it had been badly treated). he was 6yrs now and was still dog agressive, but the muzzle made him a pleasent dog to take out now as other people had respect aswell as his confidence in him.

That's the only person I've ever met to ask about the muzzle, so with that being a possitive thing I just wonder why more people don't try it out. I wouldn't hesitate to muzzle Floob in the house or in public if it meant he had a better quallity of life and could be around everyone all the time.

Nik.

4. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Hi Gina. Glad to hear from you! I'm not able to come here and just visit that much any more. I do come to read and see what's going on, though.

Congrats to Bluebelle on her CGC. Hospice is a good place to take her. It's known that terminally ill patients live longer and experience less pain and stress when having a pet present. KUDOS to Bluebelle and you!

It's too bad about your dilemma with Punkin. I've experienced the same with other dogs (5 of them) in the past. Separation of dogs and finding quality time for all of them is quite a chore. Grace is a bit dog aggressive with other dogs outside the home, but mostly just bark at them. After awhile she will just ignore them. I'm worried, though, all the barking and cussing she does could instigate a fight with another slightly aggressive dog if not careful. I would hate to resort to a muzzle every time I took her out into public around other dogs. If it looks like her situation gets worse, I'll have no choice.

Oh, and by the way, it's great that Winston is potty trained. That's pretty good! I was still struggleing with my dogs at his age. So that must mean Winston is smarter than the average. Go Winston!!!!!

Take care and stay warm. Winter is half way over.

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Hi Gina, was just thinking about you and posted to Jimiya about needing possible help and I said well you could try Gina but she hasnt been here in so long :( , so its nice to here from you :D , glad to hear winston made the big milestone of potty training. And great news with bluebells cert. I hope everyting will work out for punkin. sounds like she wants to be the top dog. Did you ever find out what was wrong with your cat?

honeybear