1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

First horse in 20 years- Polish Arab - advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by cornishcat, Apr 2, 2009.

1. cornishcat

cornishcat New Member

Hi there
    I'm new to this site though not to riding. My husband is a trainer and we have several horses but I haven't ridden or owned my own horse in 20 years. I've acquired a Polish Arab (by default really, a friend has had to give her up due to illness) and we said we'd take her on. I'm somewhat nervous due to a fall I had when I was young but this horse and I get along beautifully, she follows me verywhere and I've taken on her full care. I'm totally smitten. Just one small niggling doubt, I'm 5'7" and weigh 150lbs and the horse is just 14.3 hands. Bearing in mind that this breed are bred for endurance, speed and carrying soldiers does anyone believe she's too small for me? I suppose I'd look better on something taller but she's within my comfort zone!
    Sorry to babble on, really would like feedback if anyone has a minute.
    Thanks for reading
    :)