1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Exercising a hyper puppy

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by winnie, Sep 15, 2012.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

My 4 month old lab/St.Bernard mix puppy has a lot of energy! I have taken her on walks before but I'm wondering how do I know if it is too much? I want to tire her out but I don't want to do any harm to her either. I have taken her on 20 min walks and she does great, but does not really seem to tire out at all, I did take her on a 40 min walk a week ago and she didnt slow down or try to stop, she did whine a bit at the end but it was hot and I think she was thirsty. Is 45 min too long for a 4 month old? I feel like she never gets tired!
    I do have other dogs she plays with constantly, but she never tires from that. She also likes to swim but that is something we really only do on the weekends, shes a great swimmer!

Any advice would be great, thanks!

2. paulinesta7

paulinesta7 New Member

Cycling or long walks could help

Have you tried taking her for a walk while you are cycling on your bike
    (on a leash)? It might be confusing to begin with but she will soon enough learn to stay on one side of the bike and follow you!

Another thing I found helps is long walks in the countryside where she can sniff/chase/run/catch etc!This would turn out even better if you have a friend with a puppy who can join you.I did that last weekend and my hyper cocker seemed like he was in paradise! (make sure you bring along some water though as they get very thirsty!)

Good luck!