1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Buying a bearded dragon

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by richguinea, Oct 5, 2014.

1. richguinea

richguinea New Member

I'm trying to buy a new dragon, but this time i've been doing research on the buying procedure so I don't purchase an unhealthy dragon (like my first time). My source (http://www.beardeddragonlovers.com/bearded-dragons-for-sale.html) says that you should always make sure the tails are plump because its a sign on how healthy the dragon is. But, it doesn't really specify how plump the tail should be. Theres only 1 breeder/store in my area that sells bearded dragons so I don't have much to compare. All their tails are roughly the same sized.

My other option would be to buy online, but I don't know if I can trust online reptile shops because I won't be able to examine them. Anybody can refer me an online store who has purchased a HEALTHY bearded dragon (or other reptiles) from them and experienced no major health problems?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I used to have bearded dragons and you can't go by the thickness of their tails the only reptile that indicates its fat enough are fat tailed geckos as that's where their reserves are stored.

When looking for a bearded dragon it should not be overly over weight but plumpish, eyes should be clear, top and bottom jaw should be aligned, over shot or under shot jaws indicates Metabolic bone disease. You can buy bearded dragons all over now as they are mass bred and most are not very healthy you can get a baby from £5 these days.