1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Blind Great Pyrenees puppy stolen (please crosspost)

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, Nov 19, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

STOLEN BLIND PUPPY FROM RESCUE PLEASE BE ON THE LOOK OUT THANK YOU

Stolen from car parked outside Grocery Kart in Brush, Colorado on November 6, 2004 about noon. She is 10 weeks old, a great Pyrenees and SHE IS BLIND. We are offering a reward for her safe and immediate return. No questions asked. Please contact Chris 970-345-0124 or Kimberly at 770-402-0297

IF THIS PUPPY SHOULD COME INTO YOUR GROUP PLEASE CONTACT US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - THANK YOU. SHE COULD BE ANYWHERE AT THIS POINT.

2. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Oh no! [-( What was a 10 week old puppy doing being left all alone in a car in the first place :cry: I hope he finds his way home safely.

3. Sara

Sara New Member

Oh God I'll get this information out to the folks in Wyoming ASAP! And other rescues out in colorado closeby!

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

That's terrible. Hope everything works out for the puppy and its owners/

Definately agree with you there Gwen. I'm not a big fan of leaving dogs in cars or outside of stores.

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Thats horrible. But i"m with everyone else. Why was a puppy, blind at that left in a car alone??

My dogs are left int he back but I'm NEVER far way and gone for more than 5 minutes. Besides. They are tied and trained.....but stilll......

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

You don't know the circumstances. I rarely leave my dogs in the car, but every once in a while I do for just a minute - only if it is cloudy, not hot, and not cold - and then I book into the store and right back out again. Once I left my daughter in the car to watch the dogs when I wouldn't be able to see the car from the store.

Maybe the rescue person had just picked up the pup and needed to grab some supplies. Or maybe she didn't want to leave the pup at home. You never know what happened.

7. Samsintentions

Probably was a quick break.... Soem moron probably said " Oh cool dog!!'' or cute puppy. IS there anyway the puppy could hav egotten out of the car??

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I don't know the full story this was circulated through rescues sites and forums. A friend of mine actually contacted the lady and the dog was in the process of being transported when it was stolen.
    I am guilty of leaving my dogs in the car if I know I am going to be in and out as long as the weather is not dangerous.

9. Samsintentions

I don't see the problem with it as long as the dog is properly contained, with time limits and weather conditions...you know what I mean.

Its the morons that lock their dogs in a car with the windows rolled all the way up, engine shut off and in 100'F or -10'F weather for hours that tick me off.

Perhaps a sherriff or police saw the dog in the car and took it for safety reasons???

EDIT* ok now that I think about it. I'm sure they would have reported it and contacted the person...stupid idea....

10. Brenda

Brenda New Member

This is so sad. I actually know of about three other people this has happened to right in my area. They were all Labs and all at home in the yard. It is so scary.

11. CockatielCrazy87

CockatielCrazy87 New Member

This unfortantly happened to my Aunt a year ago. She was actually running into some gas station to use the Any time bank and her 8 motnh old Chinese Crested was waiting for her in the car and some one opened up the door and stole her!!!! My aunt never got her dog back.

That is just horrible that the puppy is so young and blind and is now with a family who she doesent know and they don't know anything about her condition.

Im just wondering why a blind puppy let alone a puppy at all was left in a car while its owner went in the store :roll: . At least when my Aunt left Pretty Girl in the car she was only running in the place for a second and there should'nt have been a problem ( not that we ever do that to our dogs). But those few seconds was enough for her to get stolen.