1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Baby has open sore

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by baby, Jul 20, 2004.

1. baby

baby New Member

My 4 yr old cat has a sore on her belly that she keeps licking and making it bleed. I have started to clean it with peroxide and apply panalog. It appears to be getting better but it has a foul smell and I am wondering if Im doing enough for her. Would a vet visit be the answer or could I continue treating it on my own.? It just appeared out of no where.

2. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

anytime you have an infected wound you should take her to the vet...bacteira can be in their bloodstream and cause more problems..good luck i hope it is nothing serious!!

3. nern

nern New Member

Because of the foul smell, I would take her to the vet just to be safe.

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I was told once that peroxide - although good for infections - can dry the skin out. Wonder if it's a hot spot? I had a cat that would lick her belly to the point of it looking like raw hamburg. I'd get her to the vet as soon as you can.

5. baby

baby New Member

Thank you all for responding. Baby has an appointment with a vet tomorrow morning. Correction~~~~ Baby is a 9 yr old calico, inherited 5 months ago from a friend

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I miss my calico so much....2 years ago yesterday she went MIA - i love calicos

please let us know what this spot is.

7. baby

baby New Member

baby

Baby went to vet today and sad to say but she has an ulcerated mammary tumor. Vet said it was b/c she was never spayed so get those kittens spayed as soon as able to. She will probably have to be euthanised but I havent done so yet. I need time to say goodbye. I only had this cat 5 months but she stole my heart. She is the most beautiful and sweetest. lovable cat I ever had and I my heart is breaking for her.

8. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

I'm sooo sorry. Is there anything they can do to help her besides putting her down?
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

9. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

oh my....I thought it was on the belly. I'm so sorry and yes this is one of the reasons why spaying is important this and pyrometia. Every heat cycle the cat isn't bred brings them one step closer to both.

I'm so sorry.

10. nern

nern New Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. :cry:

11. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

i am soo sorry to hear that! There is nothing they can do for her? :cry:

12. vene

vene New Member

I am so sorry. :cry:

13. Annie

Annie New Member

Oh no, I just read about Nicoles problems and then so sad to find that you too baby are having almost exactly the same awful experience. I'm just catching up with the posts so I'm a bit behind, how are things now??

Annie :(

14. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

oh baby...i am so sorry to hear about your kitty. how tragic. yes...ive also been reading about nicoles struggles with her kitty. how very sad. you and baby are in my thoughts and prayers. :cry: