1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I need info.. please help!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by BevDianne, Apr 29, 2011.

1. BevDianne

BevDianne New Member

If you know about pit bulls and you can help me please take the time to read this!

About 6 or 7 months ago my fiance and I got a pit bull puppy and we named him Oscar. He was a very sweet dog and we both loved having him around. The only downside was that neither one of us was very expirienced with training dogs. We both realized after about four months that we were not fit to have him. We could not get him potty-trained and he was not disciplined at all. I am pregnant and at the time I felt like I was not able to give him the attention he needed because I had no energy and I didn't have time to take care of him the way he needed. Because we had not done a good job at training the poor dog he was very unruley but, of course, that was our fault.
    We ended up giving Oscar to a friend of ours who was much more fit to take care of him, but because he was so undisciplined, she took him to a trainer. He stayed with the trainer and lived at his house.. kind of like a doggy bording school or something. He was there for 6 weeks and by the end of it, Oscar was potty trained and a very well-behaved dog. So our friend took him in and my fiance and I didn't hear from her for a while. Then we got a call from her and he had bit her on the hand and she said he was very angry. Another friend of mine went over to her house and told me that Ocar was hiding in a corner and would not come near anybody & when anyone tried to go near him, he growled. We both suspect he hasn't been taken care of here, either. I think he has been abused because this is NOT like Oscar at all. He is a very sweet, loyal, and loving dog. I feel so guilty giving him to the girl now because I feel like he is a lot worse off with her then he ever was with us.
    So the lady who has him now says she will put him down if we don't find someone to take him. I would take him back in a second but I am about to have a baby and we just can't do it. My mother says she would be more then happy to take Oscar as long as she knows she is not in danger of Oscar being aggressive with her.
    I'm posting this to ask.. if Oscar has been abused these past couple months like I suspect, will he bite again? Does this change the dog forever? I want the best for Oscar & I know my mother would take very good care of him and I do want to be close to him. I don't want anything bad to happen to this dog, he has been put through enough already! But I also can't put my family in a position to be hurt.
    If you could give me any advise on this, please let me know!! Thank you.