1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Future Shih poo puppy

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by mrh, Sep 22, 2011.

1. mrh

mrh New Member

Hello all I have put a deposit on a Shih poo puppy. He is going to be 4 weeks old on Sat.
    He was a dark brown with a pretty black on top with really black legs, face, ears and tail when born but has started losing a lot of his black on his body and top of his head. Not sure what he will look like when grown .
    His mom is a light colored shih tzu with a little black on her face ,ears and tail but very pale over all, fathers a white poodle.

I will not be getting him til he is 7 to 8 weeks old or a little older . Breeder said it depends on how they develop, her last ones were early but some are slower so she says it depends on each pup.

I am extremely excited!

I have been trying to figure out how I want to go about potty training him.
    She will have started him on paper training while she has him so I thought I would do a combo of inside and outside due that we are located in Fl and weathers not always the best to be out in.

I have been checking into and seriously considering using a potty tray such as a ugodog or the little rascal or the like.
    So I was hoping some input on these from any of you who either have experience with these or know anyone who does.

I'd love to hear all about your babies too.

Just anything at all you all can think to share with me about these guys would be Greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    mrh

2. Strawberry

Strawberry New Member

Hello mrh,

Congratulations on choosing a Shih poo as a companion, they make a great toy breed companion with their funny little antics and happy go lucky attitude!

When we picked up our Shih poo Molly from Chevromist Kennels a few years back, we were going to use newspaper to toilet train her but the guys at Chevromist went over how to use the Pee Pee pads and I am glad we did. She took to them from the first day and was toilet trained to use them in about a couple of weeks. I can't remember what brand they were but I'd recommend you try them. I hope your boy brings you as much joy as Molly has brought us over the years :D