1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bird has me baffled

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Fagan, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Fagan

Fagan New Member

Hi it's been a while since i have been on line - sorry about that.

I have a question, Fagan has a habit at the moment he uses the bars of his cage and continually licks the cage bars, and makes a sound as if his is totally enjoying himself, is this normal or is he lacking something in his diet? he even does it late into the nioght even when his is closed for the night, I'm concened he is lacking something.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Its usually nothing as birds use there tongue and beak to investigate things.

You can add some mineral drops into his water here is a link to some.

http://www.robharvey.com/vitamins.html

If he is only having a seed only diet he may be lacking a certain mineral like zinc.

If you think he is lacking something in his diet then multivitamins is the way to go if he will not eat things like fresh fruit and vegtables.

Hope that helped

Mike