1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here own a Pomeranian?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Michelle, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Hello! I am just wanting to speak to someone that owns a pomeranian. I can't seem to find anyone on this board that does.

2. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Hi michelle,
    I own two pomeranians. They are adorable little balls of joy! Of course I say that now b/c I am at work and they are at home!!!! LOL

3. raindigger

raindigger New Member

Hi, I used to show poms. Now I own one, a recue, who happens to be of pretty good quality other than a bad heart.

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

My mother in law has one. Most annoying dog I've ever seen! He HATES and I repeat HATES everyone but her. No matter how much time you spend with it, it never stops yapping, constantly tries to bite you and always pee's on your stuff!! He's horrible.

of course the blame is to be put on her. And now she's trying to fix the mistakes, but he's just an unwilling dog. Very unsocialized, and horrible attitude.

The only other confrentation I've had with a pom, is at the groomers, and that yappy little stinker was trying to fight my dogs! One bite would be all it would have took. The lady didn't even repremend her dog. I had half the mind to give Smokey just another inch of lead......

Surely there are some good Poms out there....or are they all like that?

5. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

LOL Samsintentions

Your mother in law's dog sounds just like the pom that lived down the street from me. He was the most anti-social dog I've ever met. He was always on the neighbor's front porch and whenever anyone walked by he would get up, run to the end of the driveway and bark. I swear his eyes stuck so far out of their sockets when he barked that I thought they would fall out. The man that owned the house was the only one who could get near him, his son ( who was over 20) was also scared of him!

I've also had a good experience with a pom. When I was visiting my uncle in NJ his neighbor's pom got out of the backyard and was running all over the street. Of course I didn't want him to get hit by a car so I went over, thninking that he was going to be mean like the other one, but he was a total sweetheart. Kind of rekindled my like of the breed.

6. mdman126

mdman126 New Member

i own a pom

hi, i own a large pom the one with the foxy face, if you try to touch him he will bite you, he specially tries to bite my sisters children.
    he is better with me now because every day i hold him on his back on my lap for 10 minutes and dont let go , i was told by the trainer to do that to show him who the boss is.
    but he is very hyper and likes to run around. he is 4.5 months and weighs 10 pounds. he is very very smart. he has learned to sit, up and down.
    he drinks lots and lots of water and sometimes he jumps in his water bowl and puts his feet and hands in there! i don't know if that is normal???
    i also have a chihuahua and they are friends until you feed them together or if i give more attention to the chihuahua that is the time the pom will attack the chihuahua.
    is i can think of anything else i will post it. thanks, gil

7. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Michelle did you have a question about a pom?