Auspet.com, resources for pet owners. Dogs, cats, fish & aquarium, horse, and birds questions & answars. Pet directory, message boards, vet advice & articles - Resources for Pet Owners World-Wide

Home | Classifieds | Articles | Pet Directory | LinkXchange | Advertise here
Ebook Downloads | Amzn Shop | Make Default Homepage | Bookmark

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

puppy eye boogers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific
Prncess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: puppy eye boogers Reply with quote

my baby is getting green eyeboogers, like every time she naps now, why is that? is she getting sick? cold? nothing else is wrong with her though, she still playing, eating, and sleeping well, and i clean her eyes for her everytime, can anyone help? I tried to search the forum but i can't find anything sorry if this is a repeat =(. Thank you!

Sponsors

MyBabyShihPoo
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Prncess~

Some discharge/mucus from the eyes is completely normal (it should be clear in color), but it really shouldn't be green! Green (or yellow) mucus type discharge from a dog's eye(s) can be a sign that he/she has allergies, an eye infection, or other types of eye problems (the eye problems associated with it can range from mild to severe). Eye infections and other eye type problems do require professional medical attention. Therefore, I would suggest that you make an appt. with your vet to have your furbaby checked out for any possible allergies or eye problems!!! Your the best

Very Happy
puttin510
Super Senior Member Plus
Super Senior Member Plus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, this needs some anti-biotic ointment for the eyes. My dogs been thru it.
Juana Chavez

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyBabyShihPoo wrote:
Hi Prncess~

Some discharge/mucus from the eyes is completely normal (it should be clear in color), but it really shouldn't be green! Green (or yellow) mucus type discharge from a dog's eye(s) can be a sign that he/she has allergies, an eye infection, or other types of eye problems (the eye problems associated with it can range from mild to severe). Eye infections and other eye type problems do require professional medical attention. Therefore, I would suggest that you make an appt. with your vet to have your furbaby checked out for any possible allergies or eye problems!!! Your the best

Very Happy

Couldn't agree better she might have an eye infection or allergies why dont you clean her eyes with a solution for contacts that just has the same
components of tears so you can get all the stuff out and cleanse the area and soothe it. but be sure it has abosolutely nothing else but a saleene( I cant remember the spelling but i think thats the way its spelled) solution : Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index -> Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1