Auspet.com, resources for pet owners. Dogs, cats, fish & aquarium, horse, and birds questions & answars. Pet directory, message boards, vet advice & articles - Resources for Pet Owners World-Wide

Home | Classifieds | Articles | Pet Directory | LinkXchange | Advertise here
Ebook Downloads | Amzn Shop | Make Default Homepage | Bookmark

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My cat has pneumonia, please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index Cats - all breeds / types
BlondJP02

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: My cat has pneumonia, please help Reply with quote

my cat has pretty bad pneumonia, her breathing sounds kind of watery. she has had four doses of the medication we got fromthe vet. has anyone's cat here had pneumonia and do you have any advice on how to help her eat or drink or breathe easier? or what it was like when your cat was getting better, how they acted and what not, this is new to me and i am just tweaking out.

also, she just threw up some, only a little bit and it was like orangish in color. please any advice you can give would be helpful please.

Sponsors

shyangel333

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: !! !! !! !! Reply with quote

use some pedialite from the grocer for babies it will help to keep he electrilite up plus animals like the sweet taste....that is what the vet had me give my cat when she was sick.....your best bet is to call the vet and ask him about it to before you do try anything new
Chessmind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm sorry your kitty is not feeling well. Sad Make sure to keep giving your kitty the medication that your vet prescribed. Also keep your kitty in a warm place and if possible try and humidify the air (i.e., get the bathroom nice and steamy by running hot water). 5-10 minutes 2-4 times per day in this steamed/humidified bathroom should help a bit. As for water intake it's so important that your kitty be drinking. If you hear your kitty coughing, don't panic. That's one thing you want them to do, as this will help clear their airways. I hope your kitty feels better soon and please keep in contact with your vet on a daily basis until the pneumonia is gone.
BlondJP02

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chessmind wrote:
If you hear your kitty coughing, don't panic. That's one thing you want them to do, as this will help clear their airways.

she doesn't cough, and when she does, which isn't very often it just makes her more upset.
BlondJP02

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P. Peaches - 1/9/2005
nern

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry for your loss. Crying or Very sad
vene
Super Senior Member Plus
Super Senior Member Plus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry. Crying or Very sad *hugs*
Cassie
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH damn, I am so sorry. Sad
Bente
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry for your loss Crying or Very sad Peaches was a beautiful cat.
Cassie
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old was she, the poor sweety? I know that just like humans, the older they are, the harder it is to fight off things like this.

If you're up to it, we'd love to hear about her and see pics. If not, we certainly understand.

Big hugs from me and Booger
BlondJP02

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassie wrote:
How old was she, the poor sweety? I know that just like humans, the older they are, the harder it is to fight off things like this.

If you're up to it, we'd love to hear about her and see pics. If not, we certainly understand.

Big hugs from me and Booger

she was eleven. I calculated last night that it was about 70 in human years. I can't really talk about it right now, but maybe in a while. thanks to you and everyone here for your support
lynnhaz
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dear....that is incredibly sad. i am sooo sorry for the loss of your kitty. what a tragic thing....when i saw the picture...i just thought she was so beautiful...im sorry... Sad
catlady

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad So very very sorry. Crying or Very sad
bionca

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: My cat has pneumonia, please help Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad So sorry to hear about Peaches Crying or Very sad
Ginny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so very sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index -> Cats - all breeds / types All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1