Auspet.com, resources for pet owners. Dogs, cats, fish & aquarium, horse, and birds questions & answars. Pet directory, message boards, vet advice & articles - Resources for Pet Owners World-Wide

Home | Classifieds | Articles | Pet Directory | LinkXchange | Advertise here
Ebook Downloads | Amzn Shop | Make Default Homepage | Bookmark

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what is the part of a cat's face called...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index Cats - all breeds / types
tignor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: what is the part of a cat's face called...? Reply with quote

where the wiskers grow out of? The puffy things over it's mouth? My husband was describing a black and white cats markings to me the other day and we just got to talking about it. Is it the upper lip? Muzzle? Puffy part? Smile Does it even have a name? We don't know, help us out! Smile Thanx

Sponsors

Laura05

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: what is the part of a cat's face called...? Reply with quote

tignor wrote:
where the wiskers grow out of? The puffy things over it's mouth? My husband was describing a black and white cats markings to me the other day and we just got to talking about it. Is it the upper lip? Muzzle? Puffy part? Smile Does it even have a name? We don't know, help us out! Smile Thanx

well... I would say that it is called the upper lip... because the muzzle would be the whole mouth top and bottom. That is my guess Cool
Chessmind

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. The 'puffy area' where the whiskers are located on the upper lip is called the whisker pad(s). I think 'puffy area' is a way better name though. Mr. Green
FMgurl43

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like to call mine muzzels or chubby cheeks...lol all my cats have huge muzzels....it sooo cute my cat sassy has this thing she does when she is in a very lovey mood where she raises her cheeks like she is smiling but she dont show her teeth its soooo cute....but my babies garfield and simba have the biggest muzzels.... and my kitty chyanne loves to have her rubbed...lol
tignor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! Hey, thanks, you learn something new every day.

I think this is a cute area, and if I give my cat rubbies on it she lifts the corner of her mouth on the area of the rubbies, and she looks kind of like Elvis.
Thank you, thank you very much. uh--huh--huh
lynnhaz
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad ...well...little maxie's puffy area hardly has any whiskers left...it seems either he plays really hard and breaks them off, or in the early days when he wasnt growing (when he had the giardia...they dont absorb nutrients because of the parasite) he didnt get enough nutrition, which caused them to break more easily. nevertheless....he only has one whisker on one side and a few on the other. all the other ones are little stumps of whiskers...like baby whiskers...just like him!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index -> Cats - all breeds / types All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1