Auspet.com, resources for pet owners. Dogs, cats, fish & aquarium, horse, and birds questions & answars. Pet directory, message boards, vet advice & articles - Resources for Pet Owners World-Wide

Home | Classifieds | Articles | Pet Directory | LinkXchange | Advertise here
Ebook Downloads | Amzn Shop | Make Default Homepage | Bookmark

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can you tell if a newborn kitten is a boy or a girl?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index Cats - all breeds / types
Alkaline

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: How can you tell if a newborn kitten is a boy or a girl? Reply with quote

i need help on telling apart the girls and the boys.
i think i know.. but im not so sure.

well my sisters cat.. (Foxy).. had 4 kittens and she had one that looks like my old cat that suposably got taken.. orange fur.. but maybe a little darker. and they good news is that we're keeping him. I dont think he'll get as big as Friskie was.. because Foxy still looks like she's 5 or 6 months old when she's already a year.

Sponsors

nern

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really hard to tell when they're so little yet. This link has a diagram that may help you determine but you probably won't know for sure until they are a bit older.
http://www.indiapets.com/cats/articles/carta02.htm
moose

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have found that it's really easy to sex the kittens when they are really young (under 2 weeks). how old are your kittens? the males appear to be *all* genitalia at this point and it's pretty easy to discern what sex they are -- not sure if this is because they aren't quite as furry yet or if they just haven't started growing into their "stuff"!! Shocked

just flip each kitten over -- on the boys you should see a definite area where testicles will start growing in, as well as a little bump just below that area. i'm assuming you have more than one in the litter, so a good comparison between kittens should help you sex them as well.
Laura05

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

push on tummy... peter pops out Shocked

ya what moose said... hehe
krazypaines

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need help figuring out the age of some abandoned kittens I have found. Can anyone help me out there? Crying or Very sad

Thank you very much
Alkaline

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are all 3 days old today so.. and when my cat had her kittens 2 years ago.. i read that it was easier to tell if they were male or female when they were newborns or.. very young.
nern

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krazypaines wrote:
I need help figuring out the age of some abandoned kittens I have found. Can anyone help me out there? Crying or Very sad

Thank you very much

Are there eyes open yet? Do you have any pictures of them that you can post?

I think you might find this site helpful:

http://www.angelfire.com/il/kimlance/development.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index -> Cats - all breeds / types All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1