Auspet.com, resources for pet owners. Dogs, cats, fish & aquarium, horse, and birds questions & answars. Pet directory, message boards, vet advice & articles - Resources for Pet Owners World-Wide

Home | Classifieds | Articles | Pet Directory | LinkXchange | Advertise here
Ebook Downloads | Amzn Shop | Make Default Homepage | Bookmark

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY CATS HAVE BLOOD IN THEIR STOOL, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index Cats - all breeds / types
Anna25

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: MY CATS HAVE BLOOD IN THEIR STOOL, PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Reply with quote

I have a 3 year old cat named Boomer, then i decided to get a another kitten so my older one is not lonely or bored and has someone to play with. Within a couple of weeks after i brought the little one home they both got worms, so i took them to the vet and it was taken care of. A couple of weeks later i noticed some blood in their stool so i called the vet again, and i gave him a sample of the stool for a test and the vet told me he couldn't find anything, so i tried the test again....nothing.....
It's so frustrating when you can't help your pets, i was so confused and angry. The vet suggested that we do a better test but it will cost 150$ so i said okay, lets do it as long as it will help to find out why is there blood and mucus in my cats stool....
So we did that test and the vet prescribed the medications called METRONIDAZOLE BENZOATE. I gave it to my cats for 10 days, but it never helped ..... only the older cat seems to have much less blood, but the little one still has it... and the poop stinks.... I don't know what to do anymore i spent so much money on tests, i wish i can just find out what the problem is, im willing to do anything just to help them...[size=18] Crying or Very sad

Sponsors

HDrydr
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and sorry to hear about your fur babies... are they straining in the litterbox? Do they drink enough water?? The vet seems to be treating for Giardia and coccidia my only concern when someone says Blood in stool and fowl smell...is Distempter have they had their vacc's?? It is highly contagious...
Anna25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for your reply HDrydr..
Yes my cats were treated for giardia and coccidia.
The decease that you are talking about is most commonly associated with domestic animals such as dogs and ferrets, although it can infect wild animals
also.
My cats drink plenty of water and have a good apatite. And i forgot to say that they had all of their vaccines done. My older cat is much better now, THANK GOD no more blood in his stool, but the little one still has some blood...i don't know its so frustrating. Crying or Very sad
I just don't understand how a vet that has been working with animals for 30 years wouldn't know why all of this is happening...
[/b]
charmedagain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sorry to hear what you little fur babies are going through.
i found this website which i thought might help you.
It is a good read and gives information on different reasons why cats can have blood in their stools..

http://www.professorshouse.com/Pets/Cats/Health/Articles/My-Cat-has-Blood-in-its-Stool/

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index -> Cats - all breeds / types All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1