Auspet.com, resources for pet owners. Dogs, cats, fish & aquarium, horse, and birds questions & answars. Pet directory, message boards, vet advice & articles - Resources for Pet Owners World-Wide

Home | Classifieds | Articles | Pet Directory | LinkXchange | Advertise here
Ebook Downloads | Amzn Shop | Make Default Homepage | Bookmark

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how long before new puppies open their eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index Dogs - all breeds / types
big dogg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: how long before new puppies open their eyes Reply with quote

hi everyone just had puppies in need of help

Sponsors

DeLaUK
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome Very Happy

How are they doing? They dont open their eyes until theyre about 10 days old....give or take a day, and they dont always open both eyes at the same time....dont try and force them open though.

What kind of pups? how many do you have?
charmedagain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Welcome and Congratulations.

I agree with dela its usually 10days when they open there eyes some ndont open until 14days as dela mentioned do not try to force them open as you will cause serious damage...

I have had pups that have only had 1 eye open until they were 18days old which looked rather funny next to there litter mates that had both open....

Mike
sherry t

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: new puppies are doing great!!! Reply with quote

Surprised Have 5 puppies that are one week and one day old. They are red boned hound dog and boxer mix. Very Cute!!! They are doing fine and have a great mom!! Just couldnt remember how long it took for their eyes to open. Thanks for your help!!!
HDrydr
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and congratulations they sound cute I have a boxer/lab....
helen82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I know, they will open their eyes after at least 7 day. It depends on how many little dogs were born by their mom. The time will increase if there're many little dogs being born.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Auspet.com Forum Index -> Dogs - all breeds / types All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1